Drink Up This Summer to Beautiful, Hydrated Skin
Water, water everywhere!
Everyone knows the importance of hydration, but do you know the actual benefits of water?
By consuming eight glasses of water each day it removes toxins, fights off dehydration and helps process essential nutrients we consumer from food and carries it to the cells in our body. But let’s dive in on what it means for your skin.
It is estimated that 50 to 70% of our body is make up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and organs. Our skin requires water to function properly and receives many benefits from water.
- Water is required to maintain optimal skin moisture and deliver nutrients to skin cells. Water is vital in replenishing skin tissue and promoting skin elasticity. What does this mean? Basically, it helps delay the signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines (aka crow’s feet).
- Anti-ageing treatments? Water can be your cheap and readily available alternative. H2O keeps your skin glistening and enhances your complexion. To have soft and lithe skin, drink up! No need for those topical creams when you drink enough water.
- Treating skin disorders: when you drink enough water is helps combat skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles and eczema. Water flushes out toxins from the body resulting in healthy, glowing skin.
- Eliminating redness of the skin: did you know that a cold-water bath may eliminate redness of the skin and set your skin for better makeup application. After you open your pores with warm water splash cold water to seal them. Cold water tightens skin and helps reduce the appearance of acne.
- Reduce and rejuvenate: use a cold water compress to reduce under-eye inflammation and puffiness. And rejuvenate your skin in a cold-water bath for 2 to 3 minutes. It helps tighten your skin and reduce stress.